Phone explodes in class

Darin Hlavaty was having a normal day of classes at Rowan College in Mount Laurel, New Jersey in September. He sat down for lecture with his dead iPhone 6 Plus in his back pocket when he had the shock of his life.

He said the phone started making fizzing and popping noises and he felt immense heat from it that actually burned a hole in his jeans.

He quickly threw the smoking phone on the ground and it burst into flames, even lighting the carpet on fire!

Up Next:


Up Next

  • Phone explodes in class
  • Woman at helm of NJ airport for 18 years
  • Mom steamed over hot water denial
  • Making motorcycles, one spoke at a time
  • Oldest log cabin in U.S. can be yours for $3M
  • Are crickets the new kale?
  • Town offers to help ease commuters' pain
  • Abandoned boats piling up in Staten Island harbor
  • Baby deer takes some dips in family's pool
  • Councilman's own car towed after changing towing laws