Viral Video: California Man at Apartment Fire

- He is really serious about his ribs, but at least he has his priorities straight.

FOX 26 KMPH talked to Robert Wright, who said he was in his apartment when a fire broke out in the complex.

“I got my kids first and then I thought about my ribs and I didn’t want to let my ribs burn,” said Wright.

The fire broke out early Tuesday morning. FOX 26 KMPH reports that a mother and her 6–year-old son had to be rescued from a back window of an apartment. They both suffered smoke inhalation. No other injuries were reported.

Wright said the smoke didn't bother him too much as he was next door with smoke already in his lung from barbecuing ribs. His interview and his even showing off his ribs to FOX 26 KMPH soon after went viral.

App users : Click here to watch the YouTube clip from FOX 26 KMPH

Up Next:


Up Next

  • Viral Video: California Man at Apartment Fire
  • Officer helps lost, missing 90-year-old driver, buys her a meal
  • Cheetos-inspired pop-up restaurant coming to NYC
  • Man steals $70K Corvette from Charlotte dealership, leads police on chase
  • Donnie Wahlberg leaves $500 tip for Waffle House staff in Edgewood, Maryland
  • Mystery surrounds 'melted mailbox' in Mesa
  • 10-years after Trooper saved dog, it's still part of the family
  • Teen eating Cheerios at graduation goes viral, becomes social media's hero
  • 'Louie' lobster, 132 years old, pardoned and released
  • Panhandler rejects job offer, Honda dealership tells drivers not to give him money