Social media plays a key role during and after traumatic events- it can bring people together, but it can also have some very negative effects. A recent study shows that viewing violent events via social media can cause symptoms similar to those of PTSD. Watch video above for full story.
- WATCH: How does tragedy reported in the news affect our mental health?
- Father with ALS raising awareness by hiking Appalachian trail
- Mount Sinai employs full-time therapy dog for children
- New study shows how hand-holding provides pain relief
- Brother and sister receive rare double-lung transplant
- New survey shows ‘mommy shaming' is rampant
- Meet ‘Tertill', the Roomba for your vegetable garden
- 18 year-old kicker could be NFL's first female player
- ‘Beer Yoga' is now a thing in London
- 200 bikers escort bullied 10-year-old boy to school