Social media plays a key role during and after traumatic events- it can bring people together, but it can also have some very negative effects. A recent study shows that viewing violent events via social media can cause symptoms similar to those of PTSD. Watch video above for full story.
- WATCH: How does tragedy reported in the news affect our mental health?
- Mom shares her daughter's death from opioids as a warning for others
- Technology brings together international Little Leaguers
- U.S. Marine returns flag of dead Japanese soldier to remaining family
- Eclipses of the past were calamitous, not celebratory
- ‘Dream Big Princess' campaign empowering girls
- Instead of giving ticket, officer helps fix broken tail light
- Wheelchair dance company focuses on inclusion
- Mistreated dog gives hope and strength to abused children
- Volunteers use plastic bags to crochet mats for homeless