Indiana girl nearly chokes on fidget spinner, firefighter says

- An Indiana firefighter is warning parents about fidget spinners, a popular fad toy, after his daughter nearly choked on a metal piece that flew off.

The child was spinning her fidget spinner while sitting in the backseat of the car when one of the metal bearings broke off and flew into her mouth, according to a Thursday Facebook post on Decatur Township Fire Department's page.

"I did about 5 minutes of back blows and with her coughing it became dislodged and went to her stomach," the firefighter wrote.

The girl was hospitalized and later released. A photo of an x-ray showed the metal piece stuck in the girl's stomach.

Read more at FOXNews.com.

Up Next:


Up Next

  • Indiana girl nearly chokes on fidget spinner, firefighter says
  • Former Ku Klux Klan member turned Catholic priest takes leave after revealing past
  • Shooting leaves 1 dead, 3 wounded in Newark
  • President Trump outlines strategy for war in Afghanistan
  • Sioux Falls Humane Society re-enacts eclipse with cats
  • Viewing the solar eclipse from 35,000 feet in the air
  • KKK recruitment card found on windshield in Shepherd
  • FOX News reports Pres. Trump to send 4,000 troops to Afghanistan
  • Arizona teen with terminal illness wants 100,000 birthday cards
  • Mother arrested for leaving kids in hot car while she drinks at bar