Check the location of children's cellphone charger, fire department warns

A fire department is warning parents to check the location of their child’s cellphone charger due to burn risks.

The Newton New Hampshire Fire Department posted to Facebook about the dangers of charging a device on a bed or under a pillow – which is where 53 percent of children and teens charge their cellphones and tablets, the fire department said, citing new research.

Officials warned the practice can be “extremely dangerous” due to the fact that the heat generated from the charger can't dissipate.

The fire department said the charger can overheat and could result in a pillow or bed catching fire.

The post, which urges parents to check the location of their child’s charger, has been shared on Facebook nearly 25,000 times.

Up Next:


Up Next

  • Check the location of children's cellphone charger, fire department warns
  • Suspect arrested while watching eclipse
  • Police: 2-month-old boy killed by family dog in Houston
  • Eclipse 2017 picture: Do you see Buddha, a man, or something else?
  • Alt-right provocateur Milo Yiannopoulos plans a return to Berkeley next month
  • NASA photographer catches space station passing eclipsed sun
  • Solar eclipse babies announced at Missouri hospital
  • Jefferson Davis monument defaced for 2nd time in less than a week
  • First responders form human chain to rescue struggling swimmer
  • Trump to outline Afghan strategy in national TV address