Infant's tragic baby blanket death moves mom to warn others

A Washington mother whose 7-month-old son died in a tragic accident on Monday has shared her grief on Facebook as a warning to others who let their young children go to sleep with blankets. Jordan DeRosier, whose youngest son Sloan was discovered with his blanket around his head, said she was moved to share her heartbreak after commenters began blaming vaccines for her baby’s death.

“Initially I had not wanted to explain the detailed circumstances of his death because of my guilt and the fear of condemnation from others,” DeRosier posted, in part, on July 4. “But I will not allow anyone to try and place blame where it does not belong.”

DeRosier explained that she had put Sloan to bed with a blanket made by his great-grandmother and another grey one that he was attached to since birth.

“They took the grey one he had been found with his head in,” she posted. “He had pulled it through the crib rails somehow and gotten himself stuck in it. You never think it will happen to you. You never think it will be your baby. Please do not put your babies to bed with a blanket. Please. He was 7 months old, I thought because he was crawling, standing on his own, and climbing, that he would be fine with a blanket.”

Read more on FOX NEWS

Up Next:


Up Next

  • Infant's tragic baby blanket death moves mom to warn others
  • Jefferson Davis monument defaced for 2nd time in less than a week
  • First responders form human chain to rescue struggling swimmer
  • Trump to outline Afghan strategy in national TV address
  • Mom, 26, cut in half when elevator reportedly malfunctions in freak accident
  • VIDEO: Man falls into sinkhole in China
  • Pot business booming for shops in path of solar eclipse
  • Final preparations for historic solar eclipse
  • USS John S. McCain collides with merchant ship near Strait of Malacca
  • Driver jumps rising drawbridge, operator error blamed