Check the location of children's cellphone charger, fire department warns

A fire department is warning parents to check the location of their child’s cellphone charger due to burn risks.

The Newton New Hampshire Fire Department posted to Facebook about the dangers of charging a device on a bed or under a pillow – which is where 53 percent of children and teens charge their cellphones and tablets, the fire department said, citing new research.

Officials warned the practice can be “extremely dangerous” due to the fact that the heat generated from the charger can't dissipate.

The fire department said the charger can overheat and could result in a pillow or bed catching fire.

The post, which urges parents to check the location of their child’s charger, has been shared on Facebook nearly 25,000 times.

Up Next:


Up Next

  • Check the location of children's cellphone charger, fire department warns
  • Attorney to detail another rape allegation against Harvey Weinstein
  • Selena to receive star on Hollywood Walk of Fame
  • Hotel rolls out an extravagant $1,000 bagel with gold leaf and truffles
  • Reported $50K worth of items stolen from Mariah Carey's Los Angeles home
  • Southwest celebrates first 'unmanned' flight on new airplane
  • Shot at free burritos for a year at Chipotle
  • Transgender woman convicted of sexually assaulting 10-year-old girl in bathroom
  • Little boy deputized, will be a police officer for Halloween
  • Hallmark releases Christmas movie lineup for 2017