Georgia firefighters save choking dog

- Peachtree City firefighters jumped into action to save a woman's choking dog.

Tonya Barber said she was at a shopping center in Peachtree City when she gave her dog, Bailey, a treat. In his excitement, Bailey inhaled it whole. The treat was stuck his windpipe and he started choking. Fortunately, there is a fire station right across the street.

Rescuers knew they had plenty of tools on Peachtree City ambulances to save human lives, but Firefighter/Paramedics Daniel and Mike knew they would have to adapt their tools and training if they were going to save Bailey's life. And his life was slipping away.

Daniel used a device to hold Bailey's jaws open and look down his throat. Then, with the help of a suction tool, guided the treat out of Bailey's windpipe until the dog was able to finish getting it out.

Bailey was saved. And is back to his old self at home with Tonya.

It might be all in a day's work to these guys, but the community has been expressing its support on the department's Facebook page with a lot of appreciation for a job well done.

Up Next:

Up Next

  • Georgia firefighters save choking dog
  • Disney World takes wives off auction block on 'Pirates' ride
  • Police: St. Joseph University student found dead in Bermuda
  • Minneapolis police officer Mohamed Noor charged in Justine Damond shooting death
  • World of Coca-Cola evacuated after bomb threat
  • Judge sets bond at $500K for Florida school shooting suspect's younger brother
  • Trump blames Texas bombings on 'sick individual'
  • Lawmaker proposes fining parents $500 for child's bullying
  • Democratic New York Lawmaker to introduce bill to protect pets flying on airplanes
  • Mother, daughter exchange heartbreaking text messages during Great Mills High School shooting