2 injured, dog dies in NJ apartment building fire - My9 New Jersey

2 injured, dog dies in NJ apartment building fire

Posted: Updated:

UNION CITY, N.J. (AP) — Investigators say an overloaded power strip plugged into a wall socket sparked a fire at a northern New Jersey apartment building that left two residents injured and a dog dead.

Union City fire officials tell The Jersey Journal (http://bit.ly/SFoo4f) that the blaze started around 9 a.m. Saturday in a second-floor apartment at the four-story building. The fire was mostly contained to the apartment where it started, and building residents were able to return to their homes later Saturday.

Two residents were treated at the scene for smoke inhalation, but their injuries were not considered serious.

Powered by WorldNow
Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | New Terms of Service What's new | Ad Choices