Coast Guard crews rescue 6 in boats off south NJ - My9 New Jersey

Coast Guard crews rescue 6 in boats off south NJ

Posted: Updated:
Crewmembers from Coast Guard Station Barnegat Light, N.J., medevac a head injury victim, Oct. 25, 2013. (U.S. Coast Guard photo) Crewmembers from Coast Guard Station Barnegat Light, N.J., medevac a head injury victim, Oct. 25, 2013. (U.S. Coast Guard photo)

BARNEGAT LIGHT, N.J. (AP) - The Coast Guard came to the aid of several people who were stranded when their boats became disabled in separate incidents in southern New Jersey.

The first incident occurred around 5:30 a.m. Friday, when a crewmember aboard a 42-foot sailboat reported the boat was disabled about 25 miles off Barnegat Light. The crewmember said four people aboard the sailboat, the engine was inoperable and they couldn't use the rudder.

A 47-foot motor life boat crew from Coast Guard Station Barnegat Light responded and towed the sailboat.

About three hours later, a person aboard a 21-foot center console boat called watchstanders to report the boat ran aground in Oyster Creek near the Barnegat Bay. The man said the other passenger aboard, a 47-year-old man, injured his head on the boat's windshield.

Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

  • New Jersey NewsNew Jersey NewsMore>>

  • Man charged for the overdose death of Hillsborough resident on Christmas Eve

    Man charged for the overdose death of Hillsborough resident on Christmas Eve

    Thursday, July 31 2014 11:38 AM EDT2014-07-31 15:38:39 GMT

    A Bridgewater man has been charged with the death of a 22-year-old Hillsborough resident who overdosed on Heroin Christmas Eve morning, according to nj.com.

    A Bridgewater man has been charged with the death of a 22-year-old Hillsborough resident who overdosed on Heroin Christmas Eve morning, according to nj.com.

  • East Hanover man admits exposing himself to child

    East Hanover man admits exposing himself to child

    Thursday, July 31 2014 11:34 AM EDT2014-07-31 15:34:55 GMT
    An East Hanover man previously convicted of child endangerment pleaded guilty Wednesday to exposing himself to another child on several occasions when she was between the ages of 4 and 6. Kenneth Lull, 48, who has been in jail since 2008, received a three-year suspended sentence under the plea agreement, according to NJ.com.
    An East Hanover man previously convicted of child endangerment pleaded guilty Wednesday to exposing himself to another child on several occasions when she was between the ages of 4 and 6. Kenneth Lull, 48, who has been in jail since 2008, received a three-year suspended sentence under the plea agreement, according to NJ.com.
  • FEMA chief questioned over Sandy claims

    FEMA chief questioned over Sandy claims

    Hurricane Sandy damage in Mantoloking, N.J.Hurricane Sandy damage in Mantoloking, N.J.
    The head of the Federal Emergency Management Agency has asked an independent watchdog to examine whether the flood-insurance program is shortchanging Superstorm Sandy victims.
    The head of the Federal Emergency Management Agency has asked an independent watchdog to examine whether the flood-insurance program is shortchanging Superstorm Sandy victims.
Powered by WorldNow
Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Ad Choices