Man gets 28-year sentence for raping 2 young girls - My9 New Jersey

Man gets 28-year sentence for raping 2 young girls

Posted: Updated:
New Jersey News New Jersey News

HACKENSACK, N.J. (AP) - A man for who entered an unlocked northern New Jersey home and raped two young girls in their bedrooms has been sentenced to 28 years in state prison.

The Record reports Serkan Seyrek must serve nearly 24 years of the term imposed Friday before he becomes eligible for parole. The 22-year-old Cliffside Park resident also will be on lifetime parole once he's freed from prison and must register as a sex offender.

Authorities say Seyrek had been drinking at a college party shortly before the attacks occurred in February 2012. After returning home, he started walking through his neighborhood and began checking the doors of several homes until he found one that was unlocked.

Seyrek then went inside and raped the girls, ages 9 and 11.

  • New Jersey NewsNew Jersey NewsMore>>

  • Not guilty plea from driver in NJ police officer death

    Not guilty plea from driver in NJ police officer death

    The man accused of driving the tractor-trailer that slammed into a police officer operating a radar gun in Waldwick, New Jersey, has pleaded not guilty to vehicular homicide. Ryan Cumberbatch, of Brooklyn, made an initial court appearance in Hackensack on Monday. Cumberbatch only spoke during the brief hearing to say he understood the charge. His attorney said they wouldn't comment out of respect for the police officer's family.
    The man accused of driving the tractor-trailer that slammed into a police officer operating a radar gun in Waldwick, New Jersey, has pleaded not guilty to vehicular homicide. Ryan Cumberbatch, of Brooklyn, made an initial court appearance in Hackensack on Monday. Cumberbatch only spoke during the brief hearing to say he understood the charge. His attorney said they wouldn't comment out of respect for the police officer's family.
  • Jane Dornick "BusyBusy Mom" please guilty to sexual exploitation of a minor

    Jane Dornick "BusyBusy Mom" please guilty to sexual exploitation of a minor

    Tuesday, July 22 2014 10:30 AM EDT2014-07-22 14:30:37 GMT
    Photo courtesy of TAPinto.netPhoto courtesy of TAPinto.net
    South Plainfield resident Jane Dornick, 53, pleaded guilty, prior to the selection of a jury, to Count One of an indictment charging her with three counts of sexual exploitation of a child. Dornick was arrested on Feb. 19, 2013. The remaining counts will be dismissed at sentencing. Dornick entered her plea before U.S. District Judge Freda L. Wolfson in Trenton federal court.
    South Plainfield resident Jane Dornick, 53, pleaded guilty, prior to the selection of a jury, to Count One of an indictment charging her with three counts of sexual exploitation of a child. Dornick was arrested on Feb. 19, 2013. The remaining counts will be dismissed at sentencing. Dornick entered her plea before U.S. District Judge Freda L. Wolfson in Trenton federal court.
  • AT&T cell antennas face legal snag; public will make its case Sept. 18 before vote

    AT&T cell antennas face legal snag; public will make its case Sept. 18 before vote

    Tuesday, July 22 2014 10:28 AM EDT2014-07-22 14:28:36 GMT
    Photo courtesy of TAPinto.netPhoto courtesy of TAPinto.net
    In November of last year, ATT attorney Judy Fairweather promised: "I will come back with an army (of experts)" in her bid to convince the Zoning Board of Adjustment to grant multiple variances that would allow her company to install 12 cell antennas on the NJ American Water Tower on Buxton Road. At the end of the meeting on Thursday, Fairweather all but sounded retreat after bowing to the request by residents, who asked that the next meeting be moved to Sept. 18.
    In November of last year, ATT attorney Judy Fairweather promised: "I will come back with an army (of experts)" in her bid to convince the Zoning Board of Adjustment to grant multiple variances that would allow her company to install 12 cell antennas on the NJ American Water Tower on Buxton Road. At the end of the meeting on Thursday, Fairweather all but sounded retreat after bowing to the request by residents, who asked that the next meeting be moved to Sept. 18.
Powered by WorldNow
Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Ad Choices