The GOP has a race problem. White people.
Working class whites, who make up half of Republican voters, are rebelling against the Republican orthodoxies of free trade and trickle down economics that have turned their communities into ghost towns.
Shocked by their support of Donald Trump, some elitist conservative thinkers are calling places like Garbutt, NY pockets of misery, welfare fraud and dope addiction. They say let these towns die.
Turns out, Garbutt is not like that at all.
- Die Whitey Die
- RNC protester makes bold statement - kindness
- Where are all the real men?
- RNC in Cleveland: a hot, boiling pot
- An angry America but killing each other isn't the answer
- Can Trump win Ohio without any black support?
- An American story about an American crisis: inside America's largest jailhouse
- Flint fix slows to a trickle
- Foreclosed on grandma now lives in van
- Oh, Canada