Crush New Year's Fitness Resolutions: Apple Watch 3 Or Fitbit Ionic?
FOX11, Los Angeles - Almost half of the people who start the new year with fitness goals will not meet them. So, what are some of the reasons people fall off? Lack of motivation, Finances, Unrealistic expectations and Time are just a few. Fitness and Health expert Lisa Tanker, MBA/MHA joined Megan to show our viewers how to use technology to stay motivated and crush our goals.
Two great tools to look for in a device/app that will help people stay motivated as they start their New Year’s resolution?
- A solid support system
- The ability to track exercise and daily food intake
Fitbit Ionic and Apple Watch 3 give you an idea of what's available. What do both watches do and what communities to they serve?
- Great for the beginner to keep them motivated by tracking basic things like the number of steps taken, calories burned, and overall progress
- Reminders to Move
- Fitbit allows you to stay motivated with its compete against a friend feature.
- The ability to have music directly on the device to help you keep up the intensity during your workouts.
- Water resistance. You can swim in fresh water and salt water.
What's the difference between the Apple Watch Series 3 and the Fitbit Ionic?
The Fitbit Ionic is health and fitness focused right out of the box:
- Comes embedded with video workouts and step-by-step tutorials so you can get started with those fitness goals right away!
- Go into the app and configure the audible running companion.
- Through Fitbit's mobile app, you're going to get the ability to log what you eat and how much water you're drinking throughout the day.
Apple Watch 3 is great if you're already in the iOS ecosystem, and this is also true of Android smartwatches, because it is so tightly integrated with the apps and services you're already using on your phone.
- You're going to get more functionality and integration with your iPhone and other iOS products.
- There are also hundreds more third party apps available for Apple Watch so any functionality it doesn't have out of the box, you can add to it, though you're probably going to pay for that.
- With the Series 3 Apple Watch you can also get LTE, which means cellular connectivity right on the watch. Now you don't need your phone when you go to the gym, or anywhere for that matter. Take and make calls from your wrist and more!
If your budget is tight and you already have a smartphone. Use apps on your phone and use what you have! You can use apps like Apple Health or Samsung's S Health app which already come with the phone. Most Android phones have fitness apps which will count steps directly from the phone.
- Medical ID info, current stats etc.. great feature in case of an emergency
- Tracks activity like walking, running, flights climbed , steps etc
- Mindfulness Minutes
- Nutrition and sleep
- Music - Fit Radio
To follow Lisa's fitness tips, you can connect with her on Instagram at instagram.com/lisatanker
Copyright 2018 FOX 11 Los Angeles : Download our mobile app for breaking news alerts or to watch FOX 11 News | Follow us on Facebook, Twitter , Instagram and YouTube.