Public Affairs Programming
New Jersey Now features the political, social, educational, economic and cultural issues that impact the Garden State and its many diverse communities. It airs on Sundays at 12 pm. To suggest a topic for "New Jersey Now", EMAIL Producer Joe Silvestri at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Department of Public Affairs
• Works hand-in-hand with nonprofit groups and supports campaigns including children's issues, substance abuse, intolerance, health, culture and the arts.
• Maintains public files for FCC compliance, tracking news and public affairs stories and programs.
• Sponsors direct campaigns such as canned food, coat and toy drives.
• Participates in the Foundation for Minority Interests in Media, which gives selected students access to the field of communications.
• Helps nonprofit organizations and governmental agencies publicize their services by providing free public service airtime.
Public Service Announcements (PSAs)
Electronic Format: HD / 720p / 59.94 Frame rate (can be sent to email@example.com)
Length: 15 or 30 seconds
Documentation needed for screening: IRS form 501(c)(3), supporting material outlining PSAs objectives and brochure and/or accurate background information on the organization. A tax exemption certificate is unacceptable.
Localized PSAs are preferred.
Time-specific PSAs must be sent at least two months in advance.
PSAs must be well-produced with a clear, concise message, including the organization's name or logo
Announcements are screened on a first-come, first-served basis. There are no guarantees that a spot will air. Approved spots are placed in our inventory for future rotation.
If you are disabled and need help accessing our public file, please contact:
My9, Public Affairs
205 East 67th Street, New York, NY 10021
or call (212) 452-3983 for more information.