ROSWELL, Ga. - Roswell fire officials have determined what caused a home to explode, leaving three injured.
It happened a little before 8:50 p.m. Tuesday at a home along Pine Grove Pointe Drive. Roswell fire officials said the home wasn't on fire when they arrived, but they found substantial damage to the structure.
Three guys in their 20s, all roommates, had just moved into the home this week. They said they purchased a washer and dryer on Craigslist, and it smelled "funky." The guys said they decided to light a candle to overpower the smell of the funk, and that's when the explosion occurred.
Thursday morning, the Roswell Fire Department said the cause of the explosion was a natural gas leak from the dryer.
After the explosion, two of the roommates were rushed to Grady Memorial Hospital with second- and -third-degree burns. They were in the basement when the explosion happened.
The third roommate, who spoke with FOX 5's Marc Teichner, said the explosion knocked him to the ground while he was on the back deck. He was treated at the scene for minor injuries.
A GoFundMe for the three roommates has been created to help the men "buy new clothes, shoes, and basic living supplies." To learn more about how to donate click here.